Monday, April 11, 2011

Chewy Almond Cookie Cake

I ran into this recipe and decided to try it because of my husband's Swedish heritage, and I'm so glad I did! It is so delicious! The original is "Swedish Visiting Cake" from Dorie Greenspan's Baking, From My Home to Yours, but it was shared with me by Dinner's on Me. However, my version saves you 60 calories and 6 grams of fat per serving and doubles the fiber.



Chewy Almond Cookie Cake

Blend together:
1 cup white sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1/4 tsp lemon juice


Cream with:
1/4 c butter or margarine

Add:
1/4 c ground flax seed meal
 2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract (imitation is okay)


Then add:
1/2 c white flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour


Spread batter into a greased pie pan and sprinkle with a little extra sugar. Put the pie pan inside a cake pan or on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes until the outside is golden and crisp. It's wonderful served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment